Genelia D’Souza on Saturday evening had revealed that she had tested positive for coronavirus three weeks ago, but is now fine. ETimes got in touch with her, a few minutes ago.

Excerpts from the conversation:

How did it all begin?

Well, we had been to Latur. Someone in the house there had tested positive. So we all had to get our COVID-19 tests done. I never thought in my wildest dream that I would test positive as I had absolutely no symptoms- no cough/fever/cold/nausea/breathlessness- in fact just nothing.

We got our tests done in Latur and we were supposed to come back on that day. We decided to stick to our plan and it was on my journey back that I got a call that I had tested positive. Thankfully, Riteish and the kids had tested negative.

And then?

I didn’t go home. I headed straight to Lilavati Hospital, prepared to be admitted. I was ready to deal with it head-on. But when they checked and saw that I was totally asymptomatic and even my X-ray was clear- I was consequently advised to quarantine myself at home.

Go on…

I chose to go and stay in a separate place, our other flat. I didn’t want to risk anybody. I was expecting that I might contract fever or some other symptom on the 3rd day. But there too, nothing happened.

How was the stay in the separate flat?

That was the most challenging part. In hindsight, I think I should have quarantined myself in a separate room in my house only. It was very tough to stay alone, not hearing even anybody’s footsteps. It’s terrible to be in surroundings which are not totally to your daily routine and comfort and just sit there doing virtually nothing.

My friends, however, kept me cheerful by calling me up, every now and then. And let me tell you the way Riteish took charge of the kids, it was remarkable. He was extremely worried but braved it out. Riteish is a great husband and father.

Going by your Saturday post, it took you 3 weeks to test negative…

Yes, it took me three weeks. I had got a test done after 14 days, but that too had come positive.

You had absolutely no symptoms, not even slight fever?

Thodi feverish feeling aayi thi while I was coming back from Latur, but that too disappeared in few hours.

Must be psychological after you heard that you had tested positive…

Yes, I guess.

TV must be your main companion during isolation?

No, I am not a TV person. I don’t consume much on TV. Just an hour or so on certain days, maybe.

And what about your food? How did you manage that?

Well, I can cook and I never get stuck. I did not take any outside help. Whether it came to cooking or even cleaning, I managed every bit of it on my own.

What took you so long to come out and talk about this?

I began to feel there’s too much information and misinformation on Coronavirus out in the public domain. Which is why I am finally speaking.

Parting shot?

It pains to see the morale all around so low. And it pains, even more, when I see that some people still consider COVID-19 as a stigma.


Source link

By vinayak